Tuesday, May 10, 2016

BEHR MARQUEE REVIEW

OH. MY. GOSH. Let me just begin this post by saying, I do not want to have to paint another room for a LONG TIME! I used to love to paint. To me it is relaxing and therapeutic HOWEVER after painting our ENTIRE house....NOPE I don't want to do it again.
*haha side note, just realized we still have to paint the OUTSIDE of our house. Jesus give me strength.*

Anyway, we decided to paint the WHOLE HOUSE a crisp white. The walls were this tan/yellow gross color. I was not a fan, not to mention they just looked dirty/ were actually dirty haha.

BEFORE: DIRTY WALLS



So we figured, "hey, lets use Behr Marquee. It covers in "one coat" and the walls are light enough already so it will be perfect." We had our contractor order us enough for the whole house and enough for the baseboards and crown molding and doorways and we got to work. 

DAY 1: we began painting the living room walls along with our kitchen and dining room. We did one coat and then came back the next day to see it in natural light so we could see if we missed anything.

DAY 2: I went back to the house with the little girl I nanny, put her in her Pac n' Play gave her a movie to watch and went to work on the SECOND coat. Yes, we had to do more than one coat.

Day 3: Brent went back at night to prime all the ceilings. That took a while!

Day 4: We went back to paint the ceilings and do touch up work which resulted in some walls having to get a THIRD COAT.

Day 5&6 : Brent's awesome dad came to help finish up some painting!

We had over 10 gallons of paint and still then it was not enough with how much we had to touch up and the amount of coats the walls needed.
Even after all that work, we still have to do closets, the utility room and pantry but we figured we can just get that done when we get moved in. After all the painting we did, we need a good little break!


AFTER with BEHR MARQUEE



I still have to polish our floors. I have been itching to do it but I know that when they put the appliances, fixtures, and counters in they are going to make a wee bit of a mess and I just don't feel like being a crazy woman cleaning floors all the time!

Would I use Behr Marquee again? Maybe. I am eager to try it in a darker color to see if it has better coverage. Despite all the work that it took to get the house pained, we are THRILLED with how the walls look with the floors! We had moments where we second guessed painting the whole house white but after seeing it finished we are so happy we stuck with our idea and saw it through.

UP NEXT: Painting our interior doors Valspar New Black! I was going to do a jet black but realized that sooooo many people do that, so we wanted to make it a bit more unique and decided on a super duper dark gun metal grey! Hehe I know more painting? But doors are small enough that I will enjoy it, heck it might make me love painting again ;)






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crisp look of white paint! looks beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn!! A lot of people questioned us doing all white but I just love it! I think it makes spaces not only bigger but feel so clean and crisp :)

      Delete